Sunday, October 3, 2010

Literature

Book of the Week - What It Do!, by Natalya LaBauve-Williams
Review By Britney Brooks



Review::: Ok, so I'm not much of a reader, don't like un-realistic love stories, and I've read enough books about anorexic girls, so when I decided to read this book I was real sceptical.  I don't cuss, so I don't like a book filled with too much profanity.  I don't live in Atlanta or anywhere in the South, so I didn't feel like reading about that, and I don't care about the under dog becoming the popular girl in the end, so don't bother me.  But when I read this book, it was none of that.  I was actually surprised, I read it pretty quickly and I've never read another book like it.  The main character goes through what the average teenager would go through in any place of the world.  Confusion, decisions, and drama. Just the right amount of drama to keep you reading more, but not too much to fall into the category with other books.  Let's just say that girl is crazy, but smart & I can relate because, I'm an intelligent young lady myself, lol, and she got a bunch of crazy people surrounding her (my family).  What It Do! is definitely on my winners list. I loved It!

No comments: